Friday, 31 July 2009

August Stamp of the Month Blog Hop




Welcome! It's time to hop again. The hop is an opportunity for you to view over 66 creations made with the Close to My Heart August stamp of the month called It's Your Day! Although any day you have is your day, everyone knows your birthday is a special time to celebrate. This beautiful stamp set gives you the opportunity to really celebrate. I wanted to highlight the cake design from this set as it was unique the way the layers were angled.


You have come from Julia Menssen's blog and if you get stuck along the way you can go back to Jena's blog and have fun hopping along the whole trail.



The card I created for this hop is a tall card and features the Unforgettable paper pack - still one of my favourites. I love the sorbet, juniper and cocoa colours that make this paper pack an explosion of colour. The other elements I used were the Botanical Diecuts , liquid class and prisma glitter on the cake layers and the brads, ribbon and paper flower from Close to My Heart. The design called "Top Band" comes from the awesome new card book from CTMH called Wishes. You can find it on page 100.



Techniques: foam squares on the cake layers make them pop up for dimension, sponge dauber was used with cocoa ink on the edges of the front right side and diecuts , liquid glass sprinkled with prisma glitter on the cake layers and tiny sparkles bring the candles to life or light - however you see it. It is difficult to see the detail of the cake layers so I added a close up photograph of just the cake layers on the card.



This stamp set is only available during the month of August from your Close to My Heart Consultant. If you are one of my customers don't forget the Birthday Party Celebration on August 19th where we will be stamping with this set and have our cake too. We will be celebrating with a birthday party for everyone. Be sure to be there - we will have a good time with "It's Your Day".



Be sure to hop on to the next blog which is Jody Gustafson and enjoy the tour.



9 comments:

  1. That is a really nice card, Jan. You can just never go wrong with pink, brown and glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your card came out....the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan,
    I rarely make this size card because I never know what to do with all the space. I like how you have several elements that flow down the card.

    I've only hopped a little bit on the blog hop, but I have really like seeing how each of us is choosing a different color pallette for the set.

    Your card is pretty in pink. Thanks for playing in the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I still love that color combo and those papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Hadn't seen this set with Unforgettable - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a card, great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat card! I like the details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute - love the paper choice with that stamp set and of course love the glitter! Thanks for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still leaving comments for my blog hop buddies....
    Your card is super beautiful!! I love the embellishing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin