Monday, 31 August 2009

Ready to Do the September Hop

Welcome to the September Blog Hop. It is hard to believe that August is over and it's time for another blog hop. This month you will be treated to some delightful creations from my fellow Close to My Heart Consultants. I am pleased to see you arrived okay from Karen Norman's Blog. Life has been hectic with Emily moving into her new classroom and of course the new Idea Book from Close to My Heart. This is the card I created for the make and take at my Open House last week. The September Stamp of the Month, Treasures promises wishes and sunshine such a delightful combination. I wanted to use the new Twitterpated paper for my blog hop card because they are my favourite colours from the new book - I am an anything peach kinda girl so it quickly became a fav. The Sorbet, Chocolate, Crystal Blue and Sweet Leaf are a winning combination. It is the phrase used on the front of the card that makes this stamp set ring true to me and although I loved the You are my Sunshine quote I just had to use this quote from the set on the front of my card. - It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.



Design adapted from the Wishes using the File Folder template.


Techniques:


Second Generation Stamping on the flower creates a shadow and depth to the design.

Masking was used to stamp the Make a Wish stem in Sorbet.

Sponging on the edges of the Colonial White Cardstock was done in Crystal Blue with a sponge tool.

The delicate Colonial White satin edged ribbon provided a sheer detail to the front of the card.


Now it is time for you to hop on over to Tammy Lea Pinchard's blog and see what she has been up to using the September Stamp of the Month. I believe this is the correct spelling Tammy of your last name- I have several Pritchard friends so I guess I was thinking about them.
If you get lost along the way you can return to the beginning and visit
Jenna's blog and start the hop from there again.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I, too, like the color scheme you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan LOVE your card!!! Could you please correct the spelling of my last name since we have a consultant with the last name you have posted, and it's NOT me! :) Thanks sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty card, love the words as the stem

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - love the colors - TFS!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin